Hallux Valgus, or commonly known as bunions, is a deformity of the foot where your big toe moves towards the other toes, causing the joint to protrude. The meaning of hallux refers to your large toe, and valgus meaning misalignment or displacement.
Bunions can cause calluses where the joint protrudes, corns, inflammation of the big toe and the metatarsal joint, and general discomfort of the forefoot.
Bunions, which are most of the time hereditary, can also be caused by wearing tight shoes, narrow shoes, high heels, and shoes that crowd the foot. Most of the time, some only believe that surgery is the answer, but that is not always the case!
Before you consider surgery, there are several different options that can help alleviate pain. Some of our top recommendations are:
- Powerstep Pinnacle Orthotic Insoles– These insoles are a strong, medical-grade semi-rigid foot support that provides you with a double layer of shock absorption. They provide a good arch support for all arch types providing relief from bunions, while being ideal for athletic shoes, dress shoes and casual shoes as well as boots.
- Spenco Total Support Original Insoles– These insoles are a semi-rigid orthotic arch support insole for all arch types. They feature a unique patent pending 3-POD Cushioning Insole System absorbs shock and a forefoot crash pad provides extra cushioning under the ball of foot. They are ideal for athletic shoes, casual shoes, and boots.
- Superfeet Green Premium Insoles– These rigid orthotic arch support insoles provide maximum support, stability, balance and shock absorption. The rear and mid-foot control points help stabilize the mid-foot, and the durable and the light-weight polypropylene stabilizer cap provides optimum control and flexibility. They are ideal for athletic shoes, dress shoes and casual shoes as well as boots.
- OS1st HV3 Bunion Bracing Sleeve– The OS1st HV3 Bunion Bracing Sleeve is forefoot sock that features a light-flex toe splint with an anatomically correct split-toe design that helps to provide relief from bunions. They have built-in silicone stabilizers that help to keep the brace securely in place. They have a slim design that can be worn under socks or even with a pair of sandals.
- OS1st BR4 Bunion Relief Socks– Pair- This pair of socks features an anatomically split-toe design that separates the big toe from the rest of your toes to help with bunion pain. They have a built-in padding on the inside joint of the big toe helping to provide comfort and protection.
- Pedag Bunion Protector– The Pedag Bunion Protector is designed with a super soft gel pad that helps to alleviate pain and pressure where your bunion hurts most! They wrap around the big toe to help keep them in place and can be worn under any pair of socks.
Help relieve that pain today, at TheInsoleStore.com!