With extreme sports, a lot of stress and strain is exerted on the foot’s muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bones. Athletes, such as soccer and football players, are especially vulnerable to foot pain and injuries due to wearing cleats that are thin and lacking in any protection and arch support. Soccer insoles not only provide extra cushioned shock absorption and protection from the studded cleats, but they also provide a proper orthotic arch support for a solid foundation from the feet through the entire skeletal structure.
The Problem with Cleated Shoes:
1. Little or no arch support (flat- bottomed)
2. Thin factory footbed design that offers little protection from feeling the cleat studs
3. Little or no cushioning throughout the footbed for shock absorption from impact, weight, and movement
The combination of flat bottomed cleats without cushioning means there’s no protection from the bottom studs, no shock absorption, and no proper arch support. This creates for a painful situation for many athletes. Thankfully, these issues are easy to prevent with the use of a proper orthotic arch support.
Treat and Prevent Foot Pain when Wearing Cleats:
1. Any replacement insole or arch support must be slim and/or low volume to fit in a low-profile tight fitting soccer or football cleats.
2. An arch support can assist with maintaining proper foot alignment and decreasing arch pain and foot fatigue. Look for a semi-rigid arch support insert.
3. To assist with impact shock, look for a cushioned insole or gel pad inserts to use at the forefoot or heel.
4. If you can feel the studs poking through the bottom of the shoe, look for an insole or arch support that provides more cushioning or denser padding.
With the addition of a good cushioned insole and/or orthotic arch support, one can alleviate and prevent most common foot pain conditions. At TheInsoleStore.com, we have assembled the best selection of soccer insoles for tight fitting cleats.
Thin Orthotic Arch Supports for Cleats:
1. CurrexSole ActivePro Insoles – the most revolutionary streamlined orthotic arch support which provides a flexible heel separated from the arch support. Available in a Low, Neutral, and High Arch Support
2. Powerstep Endurance Insoles – Offers extra dense forefoot padding combined with a semi-rigid arch support
3. Spenco Total Support Thin Insoles – offer the best in cushioning with a flexible arch support for a softer feel
4. SOLE Active Thin Footbeds – are a wear or heat mold-able insole for a customized fit for your exact foot. A solid bottom that provides excellent foot protection and semi-rigid orthotic arch support without cushioning.
5. Superfeet Carbon Insoles – are a full length carbon fiber based rigid orthotic arch support for the minimalist shoe with slim dense cushioning.
6. Birkenstock Birko Flex Arch Support Insoles – a 3/4 semi rigid orthotic arch support in both a regular and wide shoe size
Cushioned Insoles for Soccer Cleats:
1. Sof Sole Gel Arch Comfort Insoles – a 3/4 gel insole for a raised heel and extreme heel to arch cushion
2. Orthaheel Shock Absorber Insoles – offer a thin full length insole with a dense cushioned arch support
3. Sof Sole Thin Fit Insoles – a relatively flat, dense, full length insole for cleat protection and additional shock absorption
4. Spenco Arch Cushions – a flat insole in 3/4 or full length with extra cushion and raised arch cushion
5. Sof Sole Athlete Performance Insoles – a superior (mostly flat) cushioning insole from heel to toe with extra cushioning metatarsal and heel pads
Kids Insoles for Soccer Cleats:
1. Kidzerts Children’s Insoles – dense cushioned arch support in both a ¾ and full length insole
2. Powerstep Kid Sport Insoles – a full length insole with flexible cushioned arch support
3. Birkenstock BirkoBalance Arch Support Insoles – a ¾ rigid orthotic arch support
4. Superfeet Blue Premium Insoles – a full length rigid orthotic arch support with sizing that will support your child through adulthood
Whether you need extra cushioning to absorb the exertions of playing, protection from feeling the spikes, and/or orthotic arch support, The Insole Store.com has the best selection of insoles for cleats.
Need additional help in finding the best insole for your feet? Click on our Contact Us page for help from a foot-care specialist today!